PCG Article AI deathbot doesn't fair well against US Marines

Marines use Metal Gear cardboard box trick to fool AI robot

Marines used a variety of humorous methods to keep an AI deathbot from detecting them, including walking around under a carboard box (I'm pretty sure Metal Gear didn't think of it first, but, hey, that keeps it game related) and dressing up like trees.

Just more AI news I thought we might find interesting.

ps. it isn't really called a deathbot. It's probably something like Autonomous Human Restructuring Machine.

GEEZ, such a funny story and not even a podcast of the participants talking about it, just a robotic voice reiterating the article. A video of the exercise would have been priceless.

The world is now officially completely crippled by a simple virus. I swear it's like the actual War of the Wolds story, but in reverse.

Sorry to rant on your thread Zed, but it just seems every friggin day I wake up to some kind of new disappointment related to the damn pandemic.

Today's nuisance is after a few weeks trying and my 3rd call to the dentists office, they STIL haven't got February scheduling ready so I can time my next 6 month cleaning interval, and of course they say it's due to still being short staffed because of COVID, my most despised acronym for the past 3 + years. :mad:

GEEZ, such a funny story and not even a podcast of the participants talking about it, just a robotic voice reiterating the article. A video of the exercise would have been priceless.

The world is now officially completely crippled by a simple virus. I swear it's like the actual War of the Wolds story, but in reverse.

Sorry to rant on your thread Zed, but it just seems every friggin day I wake up to some kind of new disappointment related to the damn pandemic.

Today's nuisance is after a few weeks trying and my 3rd call to the dentists office, they STIL haven't got February scheduling ready so I can time my next 6 month cleaning interval, and of course they say it's due to still being short staffed because of COVID, my most despised acronym for the past 3 + years. :mad:
I don't know what we're going to do about the worker shortage. I have an idea that involves Mexico, but that would be venturing into politics, so I'd best leave it alone.

I don't know what we're going to do about the worker shortage. I have an idea that involves Mexico, but that would be venturing into politics, so I'd best leave it alone.
Not to mention that those not allowed in due to not following immigration protocol would be all the more upset. Every time I try to assess in my head how we are going to get through this crisis, my brain keeps telling me, this isn't going to end well.

And all the while I have to wonder if Russia, China, and North Korea are just sitting back waiting until the time is ripe to take over the world.

Reactions: ZedClampet

TRENDING THREADS