Question After Downloading Large Game, Desktop will not open Apps

Oct 3, 2021
Visit site
I am new to computer gaming and bought a pre-build, HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop. I downloaded GTA V and it ran well. Then, I rested the computer and boot-up/account loading was normal. Within 2 minutes, the cursor began to show loading and app would not open. It continued to response-- so I had to factory reset it. It is my understanding that this pre-build is able to handle large games, so I do not understand the issue. Anyone else experience this issue and what's the resolution? Thank you!

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop
There are different variations of this. Can you link to the exact model you bought?

Better still, follow the instructions here:

Oct 3, 2021
Visit site
There are different variations of this. Can you link to the exact model you bought?

Better still, follow the instructions here:

Thank you, Brian, for the follow-up!

It is the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2003w PC.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hi :) Have you tried not using sleep mode? Its always caused me problems and these days with SSD's theres not much difference between boot up and wake up time.

Are you also keeping a lot of tabs open in a web browser like Chrome? 8GB is minimum requirement for memory these days and it could be that something like that is eating up RAM and slowing the machine down over time. Could also be some sort of memory leak in the game for that matter if its fixed by a hard reboot.

Also not sure if you meant you had to factory reset. As in wipe everything youve installed, or do you mean you just had to do a hard restart?

I am by no means an expert but there's a few thoughts anyway.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS