Question Advice on video game idea

Sep 7, 2024
Visit site
So i have this game idea that i have been working on and its my dream to be able to have my own videogame developer company.

But the basis of the game is that it's a medieval-fantasy but the twist is that you only have one life in the game against real players. if you die you have to start over so you really have to plan what battles to take on and strategize solo/w party and stock up. it should be pve/pvp so you can focus on leveling/practicing pve but its much slower in getting 'exp' and rewards/gear

My vision is that its mostly pvp so its really a survival of the fittest and luckiest who have come so far not to die. It would its really scary coming up against someone who fought countless battles and is still standing. And with tournament fights against other players for special rewards/gear and maybe a sort of ranked system in the game that's lethal and non lethal. kind of like a medieval tarkov/ready player one.

Now i have spoken people who really like this idea but also a lot who obviously say that 'if i die after 100 hours im not gonna play the game anymore'. which i totally understand but my mind just always thinks why give up you noob try again. maybe that's a bad reason but same in life you are not just gonna give up. Also i just really love the risk factor of being able to lose everything its what makes it real and addictive.

I have thought about scrapping this idea because maybe its too niche and not an idea getting a big enough playerbase with. But im really stubborn so i thought im just gonna make a post abt this see what other people think.

My dream is that its gonna be the most played game in the world and i'm gonna post a yt video about this later in when im done working it all out. but for now feel free to ask me stuff about my idea and my question would be much appreciated. i may have missed things/'idea''holes.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Welcome to the forum!

Hey, if its your dream then start putting it together regardless of what others think imo regardless if its too "niche". Personally doesnt sound appealing to me, not that dieing and starting over is bad, but you want a more pvp-type game and im more of a pve player. Im not a tarkov fan anyways but hey if you keep posting updates and stuff here about it id def. check it out if it was an active forum member here.

Sep 7, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

Hey, if its your dream then start putting it together regardless of what others think imo regardless if its too "niche". Personally doesnt sound appealing to me, not that dieing and starting over is bad, but you want a more pvp-type game and im more of a pve player. Im not a tarkov fan anyways but hey if you keep posting updates and stuff here about it id def. check it out if it was an active forum member here.
thank for the reply man, yeah i think its best just to make a yt video about so i can go over in full detail abt it.

Sep 7, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

question tho, what kinds of games are you usually into?

Welcome to the forum :)

As DX said, if it's your dream, then just go for it—you will always find more people to tell you why it won't work than why it will.

its really scary coming up against someone who fought countless battles and is still standing

That's the main design flaw that I see—the game will serve only those who get in at the start and survive the earliest rounds. Then they agree not to tackle each other and just keep feeding on new players or respawns. Word of that will quickly get out and kill the player base.

if you die you have to start over

Rogue can work if the early part of the game is much better than later stages—eg I play Civ and very rarely play into late game.

my mind just always thinks why give up you noob try again.

Yeah, keep that thought firmly to yourself! Very few are going to like or support a dev who doesn't give a toss about his players' experience.

same in life you are not just gonna give up

Of course not, you just go play a different game—with ~40/day releasing on Steam alone, you need to focus on ways to keep your players, not invite them to jump ship.

love the risk factor

Have you thought about how you will market the game? It could go well in masochist communities like RPG and Survival.

Anyway, best of luck with it. If you want to post more about it here when it takes shape, make sure to email…
community@futurenet.com
…and clear it with them.

We get lots of people trying to promo here, so we have to keep it in check.

Sep 7, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

As DX said, if it's your dream, then just go for it—you will always find more people to tell you why it won't work than why it will.
fs, but i also want it to be other people's dream in a sense, or they atleast get i vote in it. So we can make it better togheter, or im i talking fairy tail language rn

That's the main design flaw that I see—the game will server only those who get in at the start and survive the earliest rounds. Then they agree not to tackle each other and just keep feeding on new players or respawns. Word of that will quickly get out and kill the player base.
i got that covered
Rogue can work if the early part of the game is much better than later stages—eg I play Civ and very rarely play into late game.
wdym rogue?
Yeah, keep that thought firmly to yourself! Very few are going to like or support a dev who doesn't give a toss about his players' experience.
nobody really likes hard huh
Of course not, you just go play a different game—with ~40/day releasing on Steam alone, you need to focus on ways to keep your players, not invite them to jump ship.
i guess what i said on the top is a solution, after the yt vid i'll see some more.
Have you thought about how you will market the game? It could go well in masochist communities like RPG and Survival.
i think so too now that you say it, you are saying a lot of future **** rn step by step...cant i just mail ubisoft saying i'll make u some money finally
Anyway, best of luck with it. If you want to post more about it here when it takes shape, make sure to email…
community@futurenet.com
…and clear it with them.
those my masochist competitors?
We get lots of people trying to promo here, so we have to keep it in check.
thanks for responding btw

fs, but i also want it to be other people's dream in a sense, or they atleast get i vote in it. So we can make it better togheter, or im i talking fairy tail language rn

i got that covered

wdym rogue?

nobody really likes hard huh

i guess what i said on the top is a solution, after the yt vid i'll see some more.

i think so too now that you say it, you are saying a lot of future **** rn step by step...cant i just mail ubisoft saying i'll make u some money finally

those my masochist competitors?

thanks for responding btw
It's not at all that nobody likes hard. It isn't hard, it's hopeless. But I'm sure some people will like this. You don't need everyone. That's the kind of thinking AAA companies do, and they end up with stale, cookie cutter games.

From reading this. I assume you are young. Take advantage of that. Propel yourself forward with idealistic stupidity. You never know what may happen.

Good luck. I hope you succeed.

It's not at all that nobody likes hard. It isn't hard, it's hopeless. But I'm sure some people will like this. You don't need everyone. That's the kind of thinking AAA companies do, and they end up with stale, cookie cutter games.

From reading this. I assume you are young. Take advantage of that. Propel yourself forward with idealistic stupidity. You never know what may happen.

Good luck. I hope you succeed.

Exactly. Make it, see how it does, then make something better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts