Advice for new PC CPU Intel I9 13900F vs AMD Ryzen 9 7950X

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
Hello first time poster here and looking for a little advice. So I've built my own PC's in the past but I've always messed something up or just have ongoing issues. I feel less confident this time around and even more so with the lack of knowledge I have at this time with PC components so I'll be buying a pre-build at this point I have the money and its a convenience thing. I get a discount through my work so I have two that I am currently looking at, first is an AMD build with a AMD Ryzen 9 7950X, 64 GB RAM with a RTX 4090. The other is an Intel build with an Intel Core i9 13900F, 32GB RAM with a RTX 4090. To note the Intel build cost $400 less but has half the RAM and is missing a 1 TB hard drive, which at least for the harddrive I can get one and install it. My biggest concern is the CPU on which will run better and be better suited to keep around for the future. This will be used as a dedicated gaming PC and I would like to plan on keeping this without large or any upgrades at all if can be helped for quite awhile.

Any info or opinions are appreciated. The CPUs are listed below thank you.

Hello first time poster here and looking for a little advice. So I've built my own PC's in the past but I've always messed something up or just have ongoing issues. I feel less confident this time around and even more so with the lack of knowledge I have at this time with PC components so I'll be buying a pre-build at this point I have the money and its a convenience thing. I get a discount through my work so I have two that I am currently looking at, first is an AMD build with a AMD Ryzen 9 7950X, 64 GB RAM with a RTX 4090. The other is an Intel build with an Intel Core i9 13900F, 32GB RAM with a RTX 4090. To note the Intel build cost $400 less but has half the RAM and is missing a 1 TB hard drive, which at least for the harddrive I can get one and install it. My biggest concern is the CPU on which will run better and be better suited to keep around for the future. This will be used as a dedicated gaming PC and I would like to plan on keeping this without large or any upgrades at all if can be helped for quite awhile.

Any info or opinions are appreciated. The CPUs are listed below thank you.

What's your budget and monitor resolution and what prebuilt outfit are you looking to purchase your from? btw this cpu down below is due to be released April 6th.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-7-7800x3d
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS