Adventure game from late 90s/early 00s?

Aug 24, 2022
Visit site
Hi all, I've been racking my brains for years trying to remember the name of a game I used to play which was set in a grim, rainy town, had a young boy/man with an umbrella as its playable character (I think) and had some strange characters like elephants that he could go up and speak to. I feel like the name of the game was the pc's name, and want to say it began with T (but it wasn't Twinsen's Odyssey). I really don't remember much more than that but it's been doing my head in for years now. Any ideas???

SOLVED: Twinsen's Odyssey/Little Big Adventure - thanks all :)

Last edited:
Undertale is 2015 though...

not Shenmue
little big adventure
none of these - https://www.thegamer.com/best-video-games-raining/

sounds like an interesting game

Reactions: WoodenSaucer
Hi all, I've been racking my brains for years trying to remember the name of a game I used to play which was set in a grim, rainy town, had a young boy/man with an umbrella as its playable character (I think) and had some strange characters like elephants that he could go up and speak to. I feel like the name of the game was the pc's name, and want to say it began with T (but it wasn't Twinsen's Odyssey). I really don't remember much more than that but it's been doing my head in for years now. Any ideas???

probably going to need more clues. like backgrounds the tone of the game (cell shade graphics), what puzzles etc. At this point i'm going to throw random names like the city of lost children, syberia etc

Not sure about Elephants being in a gritty detective game, I didn't see any either

Gets sidetracked looking for talking elephants
It starts with T... but I don't see any umbrellas?
Its a silly game, if rambo was an elephant...
alas, I don't see much rain.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 24, 2022
Visit site
Sorry people - busy week! Doesn't look like any of these so far, starting to think I imagined the whole thing... I asked my older brother and he remembers vaguely but can't remember the name either or find it anywhere :(

Reactions: WoodenSaucer
Aug 24, 2022
Visit site
what type of game was it? platformer? action game? adventure?
What was the story?
what did you do in the game?
It was an adventure RPG, having spoken to my brother again he reckons it was set in Japan, and came in a demo box with Duke Nukem 3D, Quake, and potentially Gravekeeper? I think the main player wore a kimono. Not sure on the story I'm afraid!

It was an adventure RPG, having spoken to my brother again he reckons it was set in Japan, and came in a demo box with Duke Nukem 3D, Quake, and potentially Gravekeeper? I think the main player wore a kimono. Not sure on the story I'm afraid!

Is it perhaps Giants: Citizen Kabuto from the PC Gamer Disc 7.2 of May 2001?

With that in mind, it makes me strongly believe it could have been Shadow Warrior, which was also a 3D Realms game around that time. That fits what you said in this post, but I'm not sure about umbrellas and elephants.

TRENDING THREADS