Adding RT + DLSS - Which games do you expect will get the Upgrade in the near future ???

Hello

I know they have been going back and adding graphical improvements to older existing games - adding things like Ray Tracing / RT and DLSS etc which I assume should be much nicer?

As I haven't gamed for 5-10 years (and even before that not much)... there are way more games than most that I've never played.

So I'm wondering - are there certain games where I should just hold off and wait until they get blinged up a bit to look a lot nicer on my new 3070 Ti?

I assume it's mainly only ever really popular games that they fix up?
What games do you think will get the upgrade treatment in the near future?

How likely do you think this is to happen in the next 1-3 years and what time frame would you estimate it could happen?

Thank you for your time

Reactions: ZedClampet

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I would be surprised if some major older titles received ray tracing in the near future. This can happen (Quake 2 RTX...), but I don't expect it tbh. The only realistic chance is a remaster which will improve the game in a major way. My expectations are limited to future titles. Ray tracing will become more and more popular to the point where all of the released games will support it and finally fully depend on it. If you look on the already released titles that have ray tracing support, you'll notice that only a few of them take full advantage of the technology. We're still in the beginning phase of ray tracing development in games.

Hello

I know they have been going back and adding graphical improvements to older existing games - adding things like Ray Tracing / RT and DLSS etc which I assume should be much nicer?

As I haven't gamed for 5-10 years (and even before that not much)... there are way more games than most that I've never played.

So I'm wondering - are there certain games where I should just hold off and wait until they get blinged up a bit to look a lot nicer on my new 3070 Ti?

I assume it's mainly only ever really popular games that they fix up?
What games do you think will get the upgrade treatment in the near future?

How likely do you think this is to happen in the next 1-3 years and what time frame would you estimate it could happen?

Thank you for your time

I don't expect a lot of games will be updated for RT or DLSS unless they are officially announced to be getting a remaster or remake. Older games don't really need DLSS, so I expect only new or very recent games to get it.

Developers don't seem to really be adding ray tracing to older games that I'm aware of, Minecraft being the major exception. Ray tracing has been around for almost 4 years now, and it's just not getting traction with older games.

My advice is just to buy the games when you want to play them. There's always going to be new technology, and you'll end up waiting forever.

TRENDING THREADS