Question 15 mins to load Roblox and Mortal Online 2

Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
Couple months ago Roblox broke for me taking ~15 minutes to boot. Reinstalled Mortal Online 2 and the same thing is happening. These games use to work flawlessly on the this PC (Windows 10 Pro, RTX 3070, i7-10700K CPU, 64GB RAM, 2TB M.2 SSD). I play about 20 other games and none ever have this issue but these two games have it every time.

I've tried: clearing their cache, reinstalling the whole games, scanning Windows 10 for corruptions, updating graphic card drivers

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "Same games taking ~15 minutes to boot".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 16, 2023
Visit site
Try moving the m.2 into a different slot. IMHO m.2 is good on paper for gaming, but the amount of heat they generate is kind of crazy. It sounds like something with the pciE lanes.

You can also check you bios and see if something defaulted like memory speed ect.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
Ok just tried that and didn't work. I forgot it makes some SATA ports stop working when its in that slot but I switched it back. That also that gave me the idea to install the games on my other hard drive but that didn't work either.
But wouldn't that effect all my games?
I also use to play both of these games and it didn't happen.
I can't find anything in common with Roblox and Mortal Online 2 either.

Mortal Online 2 is steam
Are you using any macros or hacks or alternative accounts, which seem to be a common tactic in that game? If so, disable—devs might be trying some new anti-cheat update, last update August 17.

wouldn't that effect all my games?
You would think so, but games do behave differently with hardware—eg Nvidia and AMD regularly release driver updates for new games.

When you launch these games, launch Task Manager first and keep an eye on any other software which launches with the games. Could be they both are trying a new DRM or marketing app which is gumming up the works.

In a similar vein, disable any 'extra' stuff you have launch with these games—FPS counters, Steam overlays, that sort of thing.

If you have any unnecessary peripherals plugged in, especially USB, disconnect them physically before launching games.

Flailing around here—troubleshooting is often more about finding out what isn't the problem :)

Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
No I don't use hacks or mods in MO2 but yea I've seen a lot of people do lmao
MO2 uses EAC for anti-cheat and Roblox uses Byfron Anti-Cheat engine.

Nvidia and AMD regularly release driver updates for new games.
I update regularly maybe thats the problem. I'll try an older driver in a minute.

Just tried Roblox and didn't see anything spike/new in Task Manager but Roblox. Also Roblox is extremely not graphics intensive, but I turned everything to the lowest I could. Still nothing.

Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
Update: tried old 3070 drivers, didn't work

new game, Warhaven, just came out and doing the same thing! 3/7 of my friends doing the same thing

this game is on steam, but it says "Playing microsoft vc redistributable" so i re-installed that and still doesnt work. couldnt get test on roblox, they suck.

Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
Change your p.c. battery with a new one to eliminate a problem with bios config.
you think its a bios config issue? what in the bios would only affect these 3 games?
i've installed about 10 new free steam games today, just to test, and they all work

something my other friends that couldnt play Warhaven have in common with me is that we all played fiveM gta RP servers but i cant find much on that screwing with other games

we can check windows out, did you do this for the corruptions thing:

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Have you run malwarebytes to see if your PC is clean?
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download

So its slow to load on hdd and nvme? wonder what delay is. There shouldn't be any.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

what motherboard do you have?

Clean install of windows could fix it.

• Love
Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
How full are you storage devices?
400gb free out of my of 2tb m.2, just cleaned a lot out and reinstalled all the visual C++ redistributables
Then type SFC /scannow
I tried SFC and clean boot.
Trying Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and installing Malwarebytes right now.
Looks like they didn't find anything.

what motherboard do you have?

Clean install of windows could fix it.
ASRock B560M-ITX
Its looking like I will probably reformat

IwantPeak

BANNED
Sep 17, 2023
Visit site
Update: tried old 3070 drivers, didn't work

new game, Warhaven, just came out and doing the same thing! 3/7 of my friends doing the same thing

this game is on steam, but it says "Playing microsoft vc redistributable" so i re-installed that and still doesnt work. couldnt get test on roblox, they suck.
It seems like the issue persists even after trying old 3070 drivers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts