Random Hardware topics

Page 12 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
one fault of my keyboard is it never tells windows how much battery it actually has. Look on Bluetooth devices and it always shows as 100% - My battery isn't that good.
Instead I only know it doesn't work right when I am typing a sentence and half the keys don't work. Answer is to plug it in but be nice if it started showing the light at a certain percentage - my mouse starts flashing its power light at 30% meaning I get about 5 days use before it needs a charge. I can't really tell with keyboard and its not running any rgb. Its battery only meant to be 205 hours which is nothing compared to Logitech ones that go for months without a charge. I wanted real keys though.

Apart from that I really don't have any complaints apart from wifi being spotty. BT is mostly okay.

Saw this today and my heart skipped a beat.

Reactions: Brian Boru
May 13, 2024
Visit site

Buying a monitor now looks like bobbing for apples unless you research first.
Not looking for/at a new monitor myself, I just found this.

I haven't noticed any VRR flicker on my 2 OLEDs that I game on (LG C1 and Alienware AW3423DWF). Both are set up with G-Sync. But now I wonder maybe it's there and I haven't noticed it or maybe it doesn't bother me.

I also just picked up the Odyssey G9 OLED that the video mentions at 7:10. It's still sitting in the box, which I'll setup this weekend. Hopefully I won't notice it, either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

Reducing thread count to increase speed seems a large sacrifice to me. Frame rate increase comes from a higher CPU speed, I expect. Obviously only helps if the game is the only thing running on PC. Having half the thread count would be noticeable in normal operation.

feels like a nerf to me.

It can also increase clock speed of CPU but with E Cores & hyperthreading off, its missing a lot of performance - this does depend on how application works - so it may not work as expected.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS