Dragons Dogma 2 ya or na ???

Apr 30, 2024
Visit site
Just curious what everyone thinks of DD2 ? It looks good and was curious if it runs smooth ?
I also don’t want to pay $70 for a so so game. I know steam gets mixed reviews but was curious what the community thinks.

Recommended:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-10700 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 / AMD Radeon RX 6700
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Additional Notes: Estimated performance: 2160i/30fps. Framerate might drop in graphics-intensive scenes. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 required to support ray tracing.
That doesn't seem that bad. What CPU you using Zloth?

I might get this, I played first one for a while long ago. Probably should watch some reviews first.

did they reduce need to buy something from store to make a 2nd character? video shows they all optional which is good.
I see it works better on controller.
I forgot its pseudo party system but I seem to remember i got a reasonable distance in first game.

Might wait for them to fix performance, though that could be related to it using denovo. Maybe in a few weeks. I have things I have to do next week.

not sure i would bother with RT. Might, never played a game with it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
That doesn't seem that bad. What CPU you using Zloth?
Me? Buy a game that has only been out for a month? A game likely to have DLC??

I'm going by what I've read from other players. Performance is good enough except in town, where the way NPCs effects get calculated can cause a CPU bottleneck and hurt framerate.
I forgot its pseudo party system but I seem to remember i got a reasonable distance in first game.
The Pawn system is fun! (Even if the characters keep saying the same things all the time. )
Might wait for them to fix performance, though that could be related to it using denovo. Maybe in a few weeks. I have things I have to do next week.

not sure i would bother with RT. Might, never played a game with it yet.
I really wouldn't worry so much about performance as much as the chance for a DLC. In the first game, the DLC took the form of a big dungeon full of extra difficult and unique enemies. The earliest levels weren't particularly difficult, so it was a dungeon that you could go into, fight through a level or two, then leave and come back later when you were stronger. That makes it the kind of DLC that you want to buy before you get much more than halfway through the game, as opposed to DLC that you get after finishing the game.

We don't know for sure if there will even be DLC this time, never mind whether it will be the kind you want at the start, middle, or end of a playthrough. Still, they have a history of mid-playthrough DLC.

Here's a longer review:
View: https://youtu.be/RLVAdZWwotw?si=ZyfQKZpIWFNpvSMb

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS